fbpx

Reply: Planning interative or not?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Planning interative or not?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15253

Joe Pang

Hi Fabio,

From my understanding, you are wondering why one needs to go through the Planning phase again if one of the output of the Integrated Change Control (ICC) process is the Project Management Plan? Is that correct?

According to the PMBOK guide (pg 120). The out put of the ICC is actually Project Management Plan Updates (-Any formally controlled component of the project management plan may be changed as a result of this process. Changes to baselines are only made from the last baseline forward. Past performance is not changed. This protects the integrity of the baselines and the historical data of past performance).

So the answer is yes, once the change request is approved, you may need to go back to the Planning phase and make adjustments to the Project Management Plan (changes to the baselines is a very popular example).
5 years 6 months ago #15250

Fabio

's Avatar

In lots of parts of the materials I am studing for the PMP you can find that you can come back several times from the monitoring and controlling and from the execution processes to the planning. That's a realistic and fluid view of the PMP processes. But when you study you see, for example, that an outuput of the Integrated Change Control Process is the Project Management Plan. That means you don't come back in planning? And if every changes must pass through that process you never come back to the planning?

That leave me confuse.

Can you help me better understand?

Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login