fbpx

Reply: Huge difference between 1st and 2nd practice tests. Please advice.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Huge difference between 1st and 2nd practice tests. Please advice.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15325

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello,

I attempted one more from outside of Prepcast (Simplilearn) and scored 72%. I am thinking of going over Rita's book again before attempting exams 6 and 7 from Prepcast now. I dont think I have that much time to do other tests and read along with my fulltime job. So, will complete reading all chapters from Monday to Friday and then next weekend, will attempt tests 6 and 7. Does that sound right?

To be honest, I am not feeling very confident looking at the scores and think I need to read everything once more. What do you think? You said I am doing good sore wise. Got another in the 70s range. Should I be worried? I really appreciate your help and support.
5 years 5 months ago #15324

Joe Pang

I'd say you are doing pretty good so far. I too got an average of around 70% in my last mock exams.

My recommendations would be
1. Make flash cards out of the wrong answers of the mock exams.
2. Finish as many as mock exams as possible. Try the ones outside of the Prepcast simulator too.
3. Reread sections from the book if you have time.

All the best,
Joe
5 years 5 months ago #15323

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello Joe,

So far my results have been:

Test 1 - 82
Test 2 - 67.5
Test 3 - 74
Test 4 - 78.5
Test 5 - 72
I tried the full exam from MyPM and scored 86.5

I am reviewing the wrong answers after each and also reviewing the pattern. But there isn't any. Its just that in some tests I do well in some domain and Knowledge Areas and not so well in others. There is no particular area other than Quality. I know some test takers have mentioned that they were not consistently scoring 80% and still passed. I am still not very confident and the date is fast approaching. I am thinking of taking a break for next two exams and reading Rita's book again now and revising all chapters. Would that be a good approach? I am not very happy with the scores but still hoping to clear it. Please advice.
5 years 5 months ago #15252

Joe Pang

Hello,

Looks like you are progressing nicely in your exam preparation. There's definitely some more studying to do in order to maximize your chance to pass, but more importantly you should continue doing these mock exams to build additional endurance. I would also aim to finish all the studying by day 13-14, so you have some time to take a break and keep your stress level low.

Here's what I did during my last 2 weeks of exam prep:
1. Complete a mock exam
2. Review all wrong answers
3. Pick the 3 knowledge areas with lowest score (ie. Risk, Quality, Resource), then reread those chapters.
4. Repeat #1

Hope this helps, waiting for the good news on Oct 19
Joe
5 years 5 months ago #15249

Anonymous

's Avatar

I did attempt the third test yesterday and scored 74%. I need to revise Quality, Risk and Resource Knowledge Areas. So, now I only have 15 days left. What should be my study strategy? I do want to complete all 8 tests but how should I be revising along with it?
5 years 6 months ago #15228

Joe Pang

Hello,

Looks like your biggest obstacle right now is your exam endurance. I have a few tips for you

1. Eliminate any distractions when doing the mock exam (noise, kid, etc).
2. Take a break (even closing your eyes for 10 seconds helps) anytime you feel that you cannot concentrate, you will notice you need less breaks as your endurance builds up.
3. Stay stress free, finish all your day tasks before starting the exam, so that you can 100% concentrate on the questions.
4. Do all 8 of the mock exams (and more, if you can) to get a good understanding of where your knowledge level is. Also helps building your endurance.

Cheers, and have a great weekend
Joe

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login