fbpx

Reply: Suggestion on to successfully pass the PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Suggestion on to successfully pass the PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15005

Joe Pang

Hi Sourabh,

I had trouble with the Initiating and Closing process groups as well. I simply underestimated these areas in the beginning because I thought they don't have as many page counts as the other process groups, I was wrong.

1)Seems like you need to work on the Initiating/Closing groups first. I'd start by reviewing those chapter in the PMBOK again, if you have other books/webinars I'd reread them as well.
2)After that review the PMP Exam Outline, understand the concept of each individual step, try to memorize the order as well.
3)Do a mock exam targeting these 2 areas. I personally used Prepcast Exam Simulator because it allows me to filter only the process groups I want.
4)Review the answers that you got wrong, and understand why you got them wrong. After that close your knowledge gap by revisiting the concept in the books or do a search on google.
5)When your knowledge of Init/Close is on par with the rest of the process groups. Repeat 3)-5) but this time do the full 200-question mock.

Best of luck to you on your second attempt, cheers!
-Joe
5 years 6 months ago #15003

Sourabh Pal Singh

's Avatar

Hi,

Myself Sourabh, enrolled in PMP exam. Recently, I'd attempt the PMP but not cleared in the first attempt.

As per the result, I'd need improvements in "Initiating" and "Closing" process groups. Rest three are on target.

I need advice on "how to clear the exam with above targets in all process groups".

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login