fbpx

Reply: PMP eligibility

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP eligibility

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14971

Joe Pang

Hello Rui,

There are 4 things you need to consider:

-Are they considered projects? Projects are defined as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service or result. From my understanding of what PhD research is, I think you are good on this one.

-Depending on how much time you spent on the project, you may have already gain enough hours to meet the 4500-hour requirement

-What was your involvement in the projects? Did you lead the projects in all process groups (Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Control, Closing). Best way to find out is to take a PMP course, it will help you tremendously on writing your application too, also goes towards the 35-contact-hour requirement, win-win.

-Do you have someone (for example: Project sponsor, manager) to prove that you have led those projects and sign off the audit document? (In case you have been select for audit)

More info from PMI:
Application Tips
PMP Handbook
5 years 7 months ago #14953

Rui Zhang

's Avatar

I did my PhD from June 2015 - May 2018, which I led several different research projects, would this count as 4,500 hours leading project experience?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login