fbpx

Reply: WBS Vs Decomposition

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : WBS Vs Decomposition

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 9 months ago #87

Cornelius Fichtner

Arslan,

I went through 5.03 and I cannot see where your confusion comes from. So let me try and explain:
  • Decomposition is a TOOL & TECHNIQUE. We use it to break down the work that we have into smaller, more manageable components.
  • The WBS is a RESULT, an OUTPUT of the Create WBS process.
So you 1) take your work, you 2) apply decomposition and you 3) create the WBS by doing this.
14 years 9 months ago #79

Arslan Hamid

You Said this in your 5.03 Create WBS at a time line 19.04 something

"What is a tool & technique in scope planning and than Wbs is listed as a possible tool because we do use the wbs scope management.
So according to you answere is decomposition.Can you please elaborate difference between WBS & Decomposition.As you know i am not a native speaker its really hard for me to understand.
14 years 9 months ago #77

Cornelius Fichtner

Arslan,

Can you please tell me where exactly I say that, so that I can go review and give you a good answer?

Thanks!
14 years 9 months ago #74

Arslan Hamid

Good Morning

You explained in scope management creater WBS process that If the Question is ask that in Scope planning how we break down our work we have to answere Decompostion....Quite Confusing because in Rita in Pahe 131 said...The best way to think of decomposition is that decomposition is what you are doing and WBS is the tool to do it....than what i understand that decomposition is a technique not a tool....Can you please eloborate in detail as i am not a native english speaker.

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login