fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Am I ready to take the PMP Exam?

Am I ready to take the PMP Exam? 5 years 7 months ago #14853

• Stephanie Daou
  • Stephanie Daou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I've been studying for the PMP exam for a while now (at least 6 months) and I decided to book my test for end of September.

I still don't feel super confident that I will be ready for that date, and I'm considering rescheduling.

I'm averaging about 70% when I do full tests. The timing is not an issue for me (finishing in 3-3.5 hrs). Although I'm starting to consistently get a "passing score" on the PM exam simulator, I'm not always scoring Target or Above Target on all domains (I typically get Below Target on 1 or 2).

How do I know if I'm ready to take the test? My original goal was to score an average of 80% consistently with all Targets met before taking the actual test. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Am I ready to take the PMP Exam? 5 years 7 months ago #14854

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Stephanie,

You're on the right track, I think you just need to use the remaining study time wisely. For me, that meant not only taking the practice exams but setting aside time to analyze my results after each practice test. For each question I got wrong, I categorized it then looked at where I was deficient. Note that this doesn't have to be limited to a particular domain or process... at first my biggest mistake was simply reading a question too quickly and responding right away. I had to force myself to slow down a bit and think (I was initially so worried about the time that I went too fast). I score increased quickly on that alone. I also identified topics I didn't know well and re-studied them. Since you have some time, I'd spread it out... do a test one day and analyze it the next day and re-study if necessary... don't take a test every day, you'll burn out.

That's my 2 cents worth. Hang in there, it seems that you're making progress.

Regards,
Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login