fbpx

Reply: Project outcome for the PMP application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Project outcome for the PMP application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14878

Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP

I agree with what Luke said, and add that you can be even more succinct if you're running out of allowed characters. I just had my application approved after going through the audit process. I offer the below as an example of what I used, certainly not a guarantee the same will work for anyone else.
-- On my completed projects I just made statements such as: "Result: New application delivered to operations." or "Result: New module delivered."
-- On the project which was ongoing when I left the company I stated: "Result: Project execution ongoing when I left the company."
It's all taken in context of the other information you provide.
5 years 7 months ago #14823

Luke Ho

Hi Chris,

You can put in there the summary of the achievements you've done for the projects up to the point you transitioned to another project manager. They're more interested of the results or success done by you as the PM for the projects and not the projects themselves. Afterall, you're the candidate for PMP, not those projects. For example:

. Completed phase 1 and 2 of the DR expansion project, transitioned to the next project manager for a successful rollout of 4-phase project.
. Completed the requirements gathering phase with the business and technical stakeholders, performed KT to the implementation PM for the remaining phases.

Again, just provide what was successfully achieved by you as the PM. If your application gets audited, PMI will ask you for proofs, will reach out to your previous manager or peers to validate the provided project outcomes done by you.

Good luck,
Luke
5 years 7 months ago #14822

Chris

's Avatar

Hi,
I am completing the PMP application and in the project description section I am trying to understand what I should add for the project outcome. For most of the projects I worked for, I left (moved to other projects) before the completion of the project. I do have projects with experience at the closing phase but I still have to include projects I did not work at closing. So I am not sure what to say about the project outcome in these cases.

Thank you!!

Chris

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login