fbpx

Reply: How to pass the exam at the first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to pass the exam at the first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14843

Cornelius Fichtner

I asked Simona Fallavollita from PMI about this. She is the product manager for the PMP exam. Here is her response:

"The Agile Practice Guide offers a more comprehensive perspective on agile applications and is a useful resource for gaining a greater understanding of this approach to project management. In-depth knowledge of agile practices is not required for the PMP, though. There could be some agile questions on the PMP exam as we know the practice of agile methods is growing in prominence and project managers need to be equipped to choose the most appropriate approach for their projects. However, any agile related questions would still need to fit within the context of the current PMP exam content outline. That being the case, people should not expect to see in-depth assessment of agile topics on the PMP exam."
5 years 7 months ago #14842

Anonymous

's Avatar

Dear sir
Do we require to study agile practice guide supplied along with PIMBOK 6th edition for passing PMP
5 years 7 months ago #14731

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Roland,

I can throw my weight behind John and Luke's comments. Don't give up. Knowing the facts is one aspect, another is learning how to take the test and deal with the questions the way that PMI presents them. I always say that it's important to analyze the questions you got wrong AFTER the practice test so that you can see any patterns that are indicative of weak spots for you. This helped me immensely. Be methodical and patient. You can do this!

Best wishes,
Tracy
5 years 7 months ago #14729

Luke Ho

Hello Roland,

For me, I chose the study mode in small portions, 30 questions a time, twice a day. I carefully reviewed all the answers provided for each question. Unlike some other sites, with PMPrepcast questions, you see the explanation for the right answer and the wrong answers for each question. In my opinion when studying for the exam, someone spent a great amount of time to write explanation for these, I ought to spend time to review them all. It helped me to understand why it's the wrong answer or the right answer to the question. In the real exam, sometimes the question is so vague, so it helps to eliminate the "bad" answers to guess the right answer. Therefore it helps to learn why the right answer is right and the wrong answers are wrong for each question. My advise is not to use the exam mode when you're still studying and not yet confident. You will get frustrated at yourself, for me, I lost sleep over it at the beginning.

Rather asking whether the same questions will appear in the real exam or not, you should focus on utilizing the questions and the explanation to train yourself, sharpen up your ability to pick an answer within one minute for each question. The 1200+ questions on here has great coverage of the PMBOK materials. Start with smaller portion, learn the explanation for each and everyone answer, and believe in yourself, that will you make it in the end.

I'm sure others will have more inputs and/or different ways on how to proceed with the exam preparation, but rushing into taking the simulated exams and getting frustrated, losing confidence in yourself is not the right way. Trust me, there will be a day when you look back and laugh "why did I worry too much about failing the PMP exam?"
5 years 7 months ago #14728

John Wolverton

Roland
It sounds like you are doing all the right things, so keep doing them. I too could not finish in the 4 hours the first few times and it was painful to sit there and continue to try. Just so you know the correct statement is none of the questions are identical to the ones on the PMP test, however they are very similar. I found for me, just to take the test and review what I did wrong and restudy my materials to ensure I did it better next time. At one point, right before I took the test, I tried a new free test and only got 50%. I pressed on anyway by reviewing my flashcards, took the test and passed.
Just know we all go through what you are going through, just never quit..it will be ok.
Best Wishes
jfw
5 years 7 months ago #14727

Rawand

's Avatar

Hi All,

I have been studying PMP material for over 9 months., non stop. As I am preparing for the exam, I registered with PM PrepCast and now reviewing the exam questions.
I will be honest with you that I find the questions very tricky and make lots of mistakes. There is no way for me to finish 200 question within a period of 4 hours. Some questions take me over 5 minutes to resolve. As I see the answer, then I realize why I made mistake! For me, it is almost impossible to get %80 at my fist attempt answering the question.

My only hope is that your questions in the PMP Exam Simulator would help me pass the exam.

What percentage of these question do you think it will appear in the exam?
What is your advice for me how can I start trusting myself for the exam and become ready for it?

Thank you,

Roland

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login