fbpx

Reply: Funny Question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Funny Question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 5 months ago #778

Cornelius Fichtner

If you are referring to the PrepCast certificate the answer is: No. Once you are a PMP you don't need our certificate any longer. You only need it before you take the exam. So there is no need for an updated certificate.

If you are referring to your PMP Certificate from PMI the answer is: Yes. Just give them a ring and tell them that you got married. They will update your name in the online PMP registry and probably send you a new PMP Certificate. But this is really something that PMI would have to answer for you. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. can help you here.
14 years 5 months ago #772

Barb Ruehl

Thank you, Cornelius, that's great to know...

Would that also apply if I became Barb Ruehl, PMP and then later changed my name and asked for an updated certificate?

P.S. Exam date is Dec. 18, 2009! :laugh:
14 years 5 months ago #741

Cornelius Fichtner

Barb,

You only have to show the certificate for 35 contact hours to PMI if and when you are audited. If they don't audit you then nobody really worries about what name is on the certificate. And at the time of an audit, you can simply add a note to it saying that you took the course and test under your old name.

I bet that this situation happens pretty much daily for PMI. There should be absolutely no problem.
14 years 5 months ago #735

Barb Ruehl

So, here's my question...

Recently, my life's gone kind of haywire, and I'm actually thinking my last name may change in the not too distant future. (And not because of witness relocation programs.)

So, I've applied to be authorized to take the PMP test (and waiting for them to reply is proof that Einstein had the theory of relativity right)... once they say "Sure, give it a go," and then I set my exam date, because I'm using PM PrepCast (and other practice tools) I'm sure I'll be a PMP by early next year.

What happens if I get married after that, and change my last name? Can I get a new certificate with my new name? I know that some women don't change their last name, but that's never been an issue at my current employer, and if that changes, I may as well go with the 'new' name...

Thanks for your input! :laugh: Seems funny to wonder about that, when the whole "first you need to be ok'd to TAKE the test, and then you need to ... PASS it" part is in the way! :silly:

Barb, whose last name may change

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login