fbpx

Reply: Issue log versus Risk Register versus change log

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Issue log versus Risk Register versus change log

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28537

Anonymous

's Avatar

Foremost Keep in mind: Risk can be positive (or) negative, Risks turn into Issues after there is a confirmation that a negative risk is going to occur(Or risks are triggered)
1. Risk Register: Document where you note all risk during Initiation and Planning phase
2. Issue Log: any negative risks that have occurred become issues, you put these in issue log
3. Change Log: any changes that were raised(whether approved by CCB or rejected by CCB) are added to change log

All these are monitored throughout the project and have responsible resource assigned
5 years 8 months ago #14655

Ty Weston, PMP

These are discussed in the PMBOK guide, but I will try and give examples.
Issue log: Anything that is a problem, some kind of process gap, or inconsistency, or conflicts related to a project that needs to be documented. Of course this would be tracked with the typical who, what, when detail. Its a way of tracking and documenting these issues.

Change Request: Is a formal way to request a change to any document, deliverable or baseline. It can be for changing policies, scope, budget, schedule items, things that really impact the project.

Risk Register: A risk register may be completed up front prior to a project starting, as it lists all the risks that could happen. Literally, these things get thought out and documented. It may also be updated during the project as needed. If it is a possible risk, it gets documents either before or during the project.
5 years 8 months ago #14654

Gary Elliott

Here's my thoughts simplified based on past experience, although I cannot say for sure what the PMBOK says since I'm just beginning to study it.
  1. First everything starts as an issue.
  2. This issue could escalate to become a change.
  3. That change might carry a risk with it.
5 years 8 months ago #14645

Gnanajothi Anandan

Hi Friends ,
Let say a incident is happened .As a Project Manager ,under what circumstances we need to go for Issue log , change request and risk register ? A detailed explanation with examples could be better to understand .

Have a nice day ,

Regards

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login