fbpx

Reply: How to fill my project management experience in PMP exam application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to fill my project management experience in PMP exam application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14594

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Gary,

Also recommend that you talk to any old employers or co-workers you intend to use as a reference ahead of time, so they aren't blind sided if you are audited.

- Steven
5 years 8 months ago #14548

Kevin Nason

Gary - As Ty stated they will need to be in reported by project. I was in a similar situation as you, however my projects were a little longer in length. I did have a few larger projects to pull from as well. What I did with the projects that seemed redundant was pull something uniqueness from each project. I did have to make a few calls to past employers and contacts at the customer as well, but it all worked out.

Personally I thought the application process was more of a time suck for me than the lead up to the exam. Trying to find old co-workers and former customers and such.

Good Luck!
5 years 8 months ago #14547

Ty Weston, PMP

It needs to be reported by project, so that the PMI knows it is a project with a definite start and stop.
5 years 8 months ago #14545

Gary Yang

's Avatar

Hi, all - I worked for a software company where i served as a project manager for over 3 years. When I'm filling out the PMP exam application, obviously I need to list all the projects that I worked for. My problem is I recently changed my job and I didn't keep a list of all the projects and the clients who I did the projects for. All the projects that I had done during those 3 years were short term projects with typical turnaround time about 4 - 6 weeks and I had done at least 20 or 30 of them. Those projects were similar type of projects. So in application, instead of listing every single project, can I just put one category of the projects in project management experience section, saying something like Software Development Project. and directly putting 5000 hours to it? Will this be considered appropriate or will it cause higher chance to be audited? I'd appreciate your feedback or anything you can share. Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login