fbpx

Reply: CAPM OR PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM OR PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14550

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

My review of job postings for PM positions shows that many positions now require a PMP certification and many more note that it's "preferred" (i.e., not required but the employer desires it). This wasn't the case years ago, but times have definitely changed. This is largely what prompted me to pursue getting my PMP certification. Unless you are facing some impediment that is forcing you to go the CAPM route, I would definitely encourage you to work towards a PMP, instead.

Good luck to you!

Tracy
5 years 8 months ago #14539

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

If you have the required project hours definitely go for the PMP.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
5 years 8 months ago #14538

Harikrishnan Krishnakumar

Thanking You for the best advice.
5 years 8 months ago #14536

Patrick Floris PhD PMP

My advice would be to go for the PMP.

I had similar experience when I applied to do my PMP and considering the amount of preparation needed for both, you might as well go for PMP .

Capm requires a bit less preparation but it also experies after a few years and you need to do the test again.

PMP requires continuous development instead
5 years 8 months ago #14535

Harikrishnan Krishnakumar

Dear Friends,
Am little bit confused of whether i take PMP exams or CAPM exams. I have a bachelor degree and 4 years of experience in project but i haven't worked as a project manager yet. So can anyone suggest me which course to prefer.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login