fbpx

Reply: Passed First Attempt 5/29/18

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed First Attempt 5/29/18

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14297

John Wolverton

Congratulations Michael!
I have found that "maintenance credits" are easier to get than most people believe, the hard part is remembering to document theta your PMI site. I try to take a new class topic and read a new book monthly. Plus that one big class topic yearly. In three years you'll more than enough.
Best Wishes
jfw
5 years 9 months ago #14289

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Michael,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

We highly value your genuine feedback. Insights like yours help us improve our products for all our customers. You have mentioned the questions on the real exam were vaguer than those on the simulator. Would you mind elaborating this point (within the constraints of the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional conduct, of course)?

Thank you again and good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 9 months ago #14287

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

Congratulations!!!!! Your knowledge was baked in.....
5 years 9 months ago #14286

Michael Haynes

First off, thanks to Prometric for having me take a 4 hour exam in 88 degree temps with no AC at all in the testing center
Secondly, I ended up with above target overall, above target in 4 of 5 areas, and below target in monitoring and controlling.

I prepared using the 5th edition prepcast videos but just couldn't get ready in time to take that test. I did not buy an upgrade to the 6th edition but I did get an upgrade to the simulator. I took all 6 200 question simulations and a bunch of 20-30 question mini tests.

Without going into detail, I'd say that the simulations are great for the sheer number of lengthy scenario based questions that get you thinking, but that type of question was in the minority for me today. A lot of vagueness in the question I thought where I didn't really feel there was enough information to make a completely informed decision about what they were really asking for. I had very little confidence in passing during the test where I felt very comfortable after doing the simulations. I'm not knocking the simulations but it might be an improvement to throw in more of the shorter type of questions just to get used to how to approach the 'not enough information' kind of situations - just a thought.

Anyway, I'm really glad I'm done with the studying part for this exam - now I just have to figure out how to get my maintenance credits.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login