fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Difference between RACI and RAM

Difference between RACI and RAM 5 years 10 months ago #14261

• Suresha Hp
  • Suresha Hp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, How to know scenarios when to use RACI or RAM. ?
Regards,

Suresh

Difference between RACI and RAM 5 years 10 months ago #14270

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
A RAM shows a a resource assigned to a work package. This would be used with creation of your WBS, particularly when the WBS is complex and you have Team Members assigned to the project. This can make it clear that one person is assigned to a specific task.

RACI chart is really a form of a RAM. It can be used in the same way as above, but is very useful for multiple people or groups of people assigned to a task. This is also helpful with designation of roles for people external to the project, but are involved. I have been involved with this type of chart many times in my work, due to the large number of folks or groups I work with or the groups I may impact.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login