fbpx

Reply: Changes affecting project constraints

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Changes affecting project constraints

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14258

Ty Weston, PMP

Good question, and I know of companies that have done both, but my opinion is to understand the entire problem first, then submit a change request.
I believe it is important understand and document all the impacts onto the form, though I have seen complex forms and simple e-mails used.
I have believed I you should be able to speak to an issue intelligently prior to starting some kind of fire in the process. It has always seemed odd to me to start a fire in a process then not be able to explain it; it gets folks all worked up for no reason.
Other PMs may have another opinion.
5 years 10 months ago #14256

Michael Haynes

I've seen a couple questions in the sim that seem to say opposite things. If I'm proposing a change, would I evaluate the effect on other project constraints before sending the change request in order to make sure the full effect of the change is understood by the CCB, or would I submit the change request first so that it is documented and I have a basis to look at the effect on project constraints

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login