fbpx

Reply: Annual IT Maintenance Contracts can be projects

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Annual IT Maintenance Contracts can be projects

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14246

Ty Weston, PMP

A project is a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. Projects can be repetitive, like building houses. Temporary means it has a definite beginning and end to it. It produces something or result.
An operation is an ongoing effort to produce a product or service.
Your contract does not seem to happen continuous, though it may produce the same result. It seems to have a beginning and end to it.
I would lean toward calling it a project and that you use the proper wording to describe your role in this effort.
5 years 10 months ago #14243

Truong Pham

Dear colleagues,

I am preparing the project management experience for PMP exam. I am not sure experience on the annual IT maintenance contracts, which scope aims to maintenance IT facilities and softwares by third parties. The scope is almost the same over the years, but the performance is depended on incidents, bugs, etc. at particular periods. However, according to PMIs' definition of project is unique, so I don't see this annual maintenance contracts unique at all. Although, I basically believe these repeated contracts should be projects too.

Could you please help me advise whether I list them in PMP experience? or any tips on writting them becomes projects if there are additional features for project true-meaning.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Truong

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login