Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Asking team member to do a task is Direct and Manage Project Work?

Asking team member to do a task is Direct and Manage Project Work? 2 years 6 months ago #14223

• Joao Miguel Beltrao
  • Joao Miguel Beltrao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I can use "Acquire Resources" to assign a particular person to an Activity, I can use the "Develop Schedule" to produce a complete Schedule with assigned resources, and I can also use "Manage Communications" to send out the Schedule to all team members or hold a meeting to tell the team about the Schedule, but when I'm simply telling/reminding a team member that a certain task must be executed, that is "Direct and Manage Project Work", correct?

Asking team member to do a task is Direct and Manage Project Work? 2 years 6 months ago #14253

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
In a large context I would say yes.
Consider Develop Team and Manage Team as well, as those may narrow down specific situations.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login