fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Asking team member to do a task is Direct and Manage Project Work?

Asking team member to do a task is Direct and Manage Project Work? 5 years 10 months ago #14223

• Joao Miguel Beltrao
  • Joao Miguel Beltrao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I can use "Acquire Resources" to assign a particular person to an Activity, I can use the "Develop Schedule" to produce a complete Schedule with assigned resources, and I can also use "Manage Communications" to send out the Schedule to all team members or hold a meeting to tell the team about the Schedule, but when I'm simply telling/reminding a team member that a certain task must be executed, that is "Direct and Manage Project Work", correct?

Asking team member to do a task is Direct and Manage Project Work? 5 years 10 months ago #14253

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
In a large context I would say yes.
Consider Develop Team and Manage Team as well, as those may narrow down specific situations.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login