fbpx

Reply: Comparison of practice exam results

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Comparison of practice exam results

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14245

Anonymous

's Avatar

I did my exam on 10th May and passed on first attempt with - 3 above, 1 target, 1 below and overall performance was 85%.
When I first did the prepcast exam simulator I got 59%. 2nd 60%, 3rd 72%. 4th 82% and the first time I struggled to even complete it due to the lengthy questions which takes a long time to read and analyze in case I was missing something.
I found that the questions in prepcast are similar enough to the exam, though there are much more longer questions so I always finished just in time. In the real exam there as not as many long questions so giving me time at the end to review/change some of my answers.
I did a couple other free ones and scored around 85%. So I think if you can pass free ones with above 80% and prepcast around 75% you are save.
When answering questions my tip is to first determine which process it is in (initiation, planning etc), I find that that by doing so eliminates at least 2 if not 3 of the answers.
Good luck.....
5 years 10 months ago #14202

Luke Ho

Hey, I have the same experience, that the Prepcast questions make you take time you think more than questions on other site. I consider this a good thing, as it trains my mind harder and gets me ready for the real exam. You don't want it go the opposite, as in, easy questions in training then face tough questions in the real exam.

Lila-Mae White wrote: I am curious about others practice exam results. I am getting strong marks on several of the free online practice exam questions but am getting much lower marks on the PM Prepcast Exam simulator. Have others had this same experience? I am trying to determine if I am ready to write and the lower marks on the PM PrepCast exam simulator are making me question my readiness.

Thanks

LM

5 years 10 months ago #14182

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

I agree with Tracy. Focus on PrepCast simulator questions.

That is what I did.
5 years 10 months ago #14181

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

My experience is that the Prepcast questions are more like the actual exam. I would recommend that you use it, rather than others, in evaluating your readiness. The other tests will still help you learn, but as far as being "ready," I would stick with the Prepcast as your primary tool. I also strongly recommend that you do as many full 4-hour exam simulations as you can, since that will better prepare you for the real experience.

Best of luck!
5 years 10 months ago #14179

Lila-Mae White

I am curious about others practice exam results. I am getting strong marks on several of the free online practice exam questions but am getting much lower marks on the PM Prepcast Exam simulator. Have others had this same experience? I am trying to determine if I am ready to write and the lower marks on the PM PrepCast exam simulator are making me question my readiness.

Thanks

LM

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login