fbpx

Reply: My study, my scores and my confidence

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My study, my scores and my confidence

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14165

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Luke,

As others have said, a >80% average score on the simulated exams will lead to a passing score on the test. Use your study time wisely to lock down areas where you have been testing weakly on the simulated exams. With dedicated time to work on your flaws, you will isolate and correct any problem areas, leading to exam success. Best of luck!

- Steven
5 years 10 months ago #14144

Luke Ho

Thanks Jojo, I really like the feedback from people recently passed PMP. I have to be honest, reading the PMBOK then Rita's book, I got this much retained in my head >.< I'm really glad I got the PMP simulator questions from here, because doing the questions in "study mode", I'm able to structure my understanding of the books. There are many simulators on the web, but I found this one, the only one that has "quality" explanation, for the right choice and also for the wrong choices in the questions. I'm worried now that I'm chewing the last 250 questions and I'll run out of questions soon, hahha. I wish they have 2000 questions instead of 1000.
5 years 10 months ago #14141

Jojo

's Avatar

I would recommend doing a full four hour test. That’s the best way to see where you stand. I wouldn’t go through all those questions doing quizzes, because they all come from the same pool. Your best option is to take at least one and see where you stand. And the time is important. While the simulator is way longer than the actual tests, it’s good to know.

I just passed my exam, but my experience was this. I reviewed after each one and tried to learn from my mistakes. My scores were range of 69.5-73 and I took all five tests. I was amazed how little my score moved. I believe, based on my experience, people should shoot for 70-75. I got Above target in all areas with my crappy scores. In my mind, that means I overprepared. I’m not trying to be a rock star. I’m not more of a PMP than the person with five meet targets.

I don’t know if this set of sixth edition questions are harder than the past editions or what.
5 years 10 months ago #14126

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

You still have time. You must learn from the questions. Just like Tracy said..... Good luck!
5 years 10 months ago #14125

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Hi Luke,

When I was studying for the exam, when I reviewed my wrong responses, i not only reviewed the right answer, I categorized WHY I got it wrong. count up the number of wrong answers for each category and start where you make the most mistakes.
For me, In some cases, it was merely a fact I didn't know. Fine. Now I know, move on. In others, a certain process was an area of weakness, so I would re-read that topic in the Rita book. My biggest gain was the realization that often got a question wrong because I was going too fast and wasn't reading carefully. I forced myself to slow down and, eventually, I approached questions more carefully.

I do encourage you to keep trying, and to bring your scores up to 80%.... The accumulated wisdom of other PMP aspirants' attempts shows your likelihood of passing is much higher one you reach 80% or above.

I hope this helps!
5 years 10 months ago #14117

Luke Ho

I'm a month and half away from the Exam. I'm currently doing the mock questions on here, 30 questions each session on the unanswered questions, 3 sessions per day. My grade so far is hovering at 50% to 60% (once at 75%). Do I have any chance to pass the exam? I do review and understand the explanation on the ones I fail. I read from this forum that people typically score higher in real exam questions than the mock questions. Is this typical to everyone? It's my hope, because I'm losing confidence that I will pass.

Thanks in advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login