fbpx

Reply: Who are my References for PMP Exam when Self Employed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Who are my References for PMP Exam when Self Employed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14154

Ty Weston, PMP

My opinion would be yes, but I personally would have a little chat with the PMI in case I was missing something important.
5 years 10 months ago #14152

Harrison Snyder

Yeah I was going to use a mix between clients and a colleague as references, I have more than the required projects, months, and hours. As far as proof goes, we didn't formally log our hours, however our names are in the credits on the product(s) itself, and my business has been listed in various media articles praising some of the projects I have managed. I have contracts signed by our clients and myself proving they agreed to the project development, is that enough proof?
5 years 10 months ago #14143

Ty Weston, PMP

You can put yourself down as long as you have proof. A colleague could also be used, if needed, but again with proof. I would also suggest you use actual customers if you can.
You may want to call the PMI as well just to ask that question and give yourself peace of mind.
Your situation is definitely not unique and resolvable.
5 years 10 months ago #14110

Harrison Snyder

I was just curious should I put my self down for references on projects I worked on ifnthe past 4 years. I have been running my own business for the past 4 years as the highest level employee (CEO). Should I use a colleague for the reference i.e the CTO?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login