Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Question Regarding OliverLehmann sample questions

Regarding OliverLehmann sample questions 8 years 2 months ago #715

  • Praveen Kumar
  • Praveen Kumar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Cornelius,

This is a question regarding Oliver lehmann Sample questions available at
www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

I tried to solve the questions and managed to get passing marks as well (Above 75%) but don't you think its too difficult and many terms from outside PMBOK. Looks like Oliver is trying to sell "Difficult is classy and sells" approach.

I have had real difficulty solving these questions and anyhow completed these questions. My exams are a week away and i am scoring above 80% marks consistently in sample questions but this test has shaken my confidence and i am seriously nervous.

Please show some light.

Praveen Kumar

Re:Regarding OliverLehmann sample questions 8 years 2 months ago #720

  • Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • PrepCast Instructor
  • Posts: 1113
  • Karma: 35
  • Thank you received: 185
Praveen,

Oliver Lehman is a very experienced PMP exam trainer. However, I personally feel that his sample questions are quite difficult and often go beyond the requirements of the PMP Exam. So don't worry too much about your results on these questions.

The fact that he uses concepts from outside the PMBOK Guide is OK. The PMP exam uses about 75% of concepts from the PMBOK Guide. PMI doesn't tell us where the other 25% are coming from. So they may come from anywhere.

Overall I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAhmed AminScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaERIC BARTLETTGail FreedmanKevin NasonSteven Mudrinich, PMPMark Wuenscher, PMPJohn WolvertonTracy Shagnea, PMPJada Garrett

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Six Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on Dec 02/03 or 16/17 for just $79. Learn More...
The PMP Exam is Changing in 2018
Simona and Cornelius
Free Interview - Listen Now

This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.

Thank you!
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM