fbpx

Reply: Calculating float by taking ES & LS as zero

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Calculating float by taking ES & LS as zero

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13648

Mahabubur Rahman

's Avatar

Only ES of the starting activities may be considered either 0 or 1.
I followed the procedure explained in the "formula guide" and it seems to me more logical.
Considering 0 could make your formula and calculation much easier, cause you don't have to subtract (during forward pass) or add (during backward pass), 1.
It depends how you feel comfortable.
6 years 1 week ago #13646

Ty Weston, PMP

Why do they do both?
Well..that is debatable and probably not worth the time as it may just be preference or policy in some companies.
Stay with how PrepCast advises and pass the test first, then play around and see which you like.
I do not think there is a wrong way, but I think it is a matter of perspective of time in general and therefore, I use '1' and not '0'.
6 years 1 week ago #13636

Anoop Kumar

Hi all,
Is there any disadvantage by taking early start and late start as zero instead of 1.
There are couple of videos on Youtube and they make understanding correct and easy.
Just wanted to check why most of teh websites/books in PMP calculate taking 1 and hence complicate the formulas.
Total Float and Free float values will not change.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login