fbpx

Reply: Advice for keeping Enterprise Environmental Factors and Org. Process Assets straight?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Advice for keeping Enterprise Environmental Factors and Org. Process Assets straight?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13623

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Connie,

The EEFs and OPAs can definitely be easy to confuse. I think the simplest way to think about them is "is this thing changing my project environment or not?". For example, a regulation or law that comes externally to the project is an EEF; you have no control over how something outside your project affects your project environment. On the other hand, an internal process or technique, such as a lessons learned database, a spreadsheet, a work flow tactic, these are things that are processes set in place by your organization to complete the project. They enhance the project, rather than externally force it in a particular direction. I hope this is somewhat clarifying. You can always sit down and try and memorize some of the more common ones.

- Steven
6 years 1 week ago #13608

Connie Lopez

In exam simulation, I'm frequently missing questions regarding the difference between Enterprise Environmental Factors and Organizational Process Assets. I keep reading the PMBOK descriptions but I'm still not able to separate the two in my mind. Anyone have any advice or easily remembered study tips for identifying the differences?

TIA
Connie

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login