fbpx

Reply: Tons of People Rushing to Pass the Exam before March 28- Will it be harder to pass

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Tons of People Rushing to Pass the Exam before March 28- Will it be harder to pass

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 weeks ago #13472

Cornelius Fichtner

Mythile,

That is hard to say and frankly, only PMI knows. Here is what I wrote in another article about PMP Myths:
=========================
Myth 1: You need to score a 61% to pass the PMP Exam
No, while this was true at one time, it is no longer the case. Passing the PMP® Exam is no longer determined by the percentage of questions you answer correctly. It is calculated using a sound psychometric analysis. In essence this means that the harder questions are worth more than the easier questions. So you get a higher score if you answer more of the harder questions correctly and a lower score if you answer more of the easier questions correctly. The minimum score needed to pass is determined by the overall difficultly of your individual exam.
=========================
But frankly, the only people who know for sure are PMI, and they are not saying.
6 years 3 weeks ago #13469

Mythile Thirukesan

's Avatar

Hi,

I read somewhere that the PMP does not have a percentage of questions right or wrong that determine if you pass or fail. Is it true that it's based on a bell curve?

My true question is that if more people are rushing to write the exam, will the score required to pass be higher?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login