fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam 33 Days - Help!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam 33 Days - Help!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13298

Jolene Sharp

I've started taking exams to see where my gaps are and also have created mind maps for all the knowledge areas (they are hanging on the walls in my apartment). Thank you, I will start that and go from there. Gaps right now are still Planning as a whole, cost, requirements, time as of now.
6 years 1 month ago #13269

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

You should focus not only on weak areas, but weak areas where you get more bang for the buck.
6 years 1 month ago #13268

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Jolene,

You didn't saw WHAT you've been doing recently, but based on my experience I would propose that you take sample exams and then carefully analyze the results to determine where your weaknesses are. Spend some time studying those areas and then, try again. You may also find that the weak spots aren't subject matter knowledge, but rather the WAY you go about taking the test (this was so in my case).

Best of luck!
Tracy
6 years 1 month ago #13263

Ty Weston, PMP

That is a difficult thing to deal with and I can completely understand the frustration. I also worried about the same thing, but realised that we all have to be prepared for everything, that is really a mind-set and not so much a logical method. Everyone perceives the test differently, but you should understand that the test is situational, so rote learning or systematic logic may not help when you need it. This is where the concepts are more focused upon than memorisation. I would recommend you take a serious look at the processes and look for the patterns in them; they are there. You should be able to tell yourself a story of the process, because that's kind of how its set up. Put yourself into that situation and believe you are actually there in the process and understand the next steps; learning the logical patterns will help the conceptual flow of the process appear nicely.
I hope this is helpful toy you.
6 years 1 month ago #13262

Jolene Sharp

Hi,

I have been studying for the last few months, I didn't pass the first time back in August of 2017. I'm not sure what to focus on. I would say I need to be more focused on my studying, any thoughts on where I should begin?

Thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login