fbpx

Reply: Exam Question Difficulty on Sim vs PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Question Difficulty on Sim vs PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13500

Ty Weston, PMP

Sorry to hear it did not go well. Do not give up, and use this knowledge to regroup and understand where you may be falling behind. The test is tricky, but the simulator questions are a big part of helping many folks. Good luck.
6 years 1 month ago #13495

RAzmat

RAzmat wrote: Has anyone who has taken the exam be able to provide a comparison of the level of difficulty between exam simulator and the actual PMP exam?
I want to be able to accurately assess my progress

I'm going to go ahead and answer my question since I just failed my exam today. Prepcast questions don't come close to the level of difficulty on gameday. Things I saw on the actual exam vs. here:
0 direct questions about ITTO
3 math questions
More than 50% of the exam had long questions with more than 2 right answers.
The last one is the killer since I had only 4 minutes left to review my answers.
I was seriously looking for a way to gauge how ready I was and was scoring high enough to pass in my last 4 of my previous 7 practice exams that I took. Over the last few months, I also read RMC x2, PMBOXx2 and read my notes every day

I'm now in the unenviable position of deciding if I want to bother cramming for another attempt before 3/26 or buy all of my materials over again and study for another 5 months for the new version.
6 years 2 months ago #13128

Ty Weston, PMP

Level of difficulty may depend on which simulation and the individual. Many people have scored high on some and ended up failing, so the focus should be on understanding rather than numbers. IMHO.
6 years 2 months ago #13119

RAzmat

Has anyone who has taken the exam be able to provide a comparison of the level of difficulty between exam simulator and the actual PMP exam?
I want to be able to accurately assess my progress

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login