fbpx

Reply: What's your take on when Data, Information and Reports are used as inputs and outputs?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What's your take on when Data, Information and Reports are used as inputs and outputs?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #12980

Summer36

's Avatar

Has anyone else run a tabulation of when Data, Information and Reports are Outputs? Mine is below for your viewing pleasure. It makes sense the Reports are an input to PICC but why are they an input Manage Project Team and to Manage Communications? I'm seeking the reasoning behind that.

Summary:
++ Data only comes from D&MPC (as an output), and that whenever data is an input (for the M&C process), then information is always an output (which is logical).
++ The work performance report is only an output of M&C (with work performance information as an input, which makes sense).
++ The work performance report is an input to PICC, Manage Project Team and Manage Communications. (Can anyone speak to why that is?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work Performance Data is an output of just this (1) process: Direct & Manage Project Work

Work Performance Information (used to be called Work Performance Measurement) is an output of these processes (and of course, Work Performance Data is an input to all nine of these Processes):

1 Validate Scope
2 Control Scope
3 Control Schedule
4 Control Costs
5 Control Quality
6 Control Communications
7 Control Risks
8 Control Procurements
9 Control Stakeholder Engagement

{WPI is not an output of these M&C Processes: Integration, Human Resources. I assume because the Work Performance Report is an output of Monitor and Control Work, and because Human Resorces doesn't have a process in the M&C Process Group.

Work Performance Report is an output of just this (1) process: Monitoring and Control
And Work Performance Report is an input to Perform Integrated Change Control, HR Manage Project Team and to Manage Communications.

###

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login