fbpx

Reply: PMP Help Urgent

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Help Urgent

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 9 months ago #94

JD Crump, PMP, ITIL-F

Arslan:

I would recommend you listen to the PM PrepCast FIRST and then read the associated chapter in the PMBOK. Then, if you still don't understand or want additional supporting information then refer to the books.

But you have to make sure you take the sample exams. That is a big part of the learning/validating/preparation process.

JD
14 years 9 months ago #73

Cornelius Fichtner

Arslan,

You can find the complete list of the episodes for the Audio PrepCast on the front page of www.pm-prepcast.com . (scroll down to see the list.)

(Note: This list will be removed around June 15th 2009 when we stop selling the audio version.)
14 years 9 months ago #72

Cornelius Fichtner

Arslan,

I cannot say if the PrepCast & Rita is sufficient for you. It may be. It may not be. Only you yourself can determine if you feel ready to take the exam after going through these materials.

We have had students who listened only to the PrepCast and passed the exam that way. Others used the PrepCast and a number of other materials. It is completely individual.

However, from what I see in your postings you should be find. You have a clear plan, you study material from reputable sources and you are taking practice exams. Keep track of your practice exams and make sure that you get at least 80% of questions correct when you answer them the first time.
14 years 9 months ago #71

Arslan Hamid

Yesterday i have find it out that Pmpod cast has 32 hours of listening material.
I just want to make sure i have downloaded all the files or i missed some.
Its shows me 81 files of 1.71 Gb.
Thanks you again for giving us such a nice thing for PMP study
14 years 9 months ago #70

Arslan Hamid

I appreciate your quick response,So you are saying that if i understand/learn Podcast and Pmbok plus some test, its enough for pmp exam.
I am going to use Rita Fast track as exam simulator and pmstudy.com exam.The site you told me is expensive and asking for 99$.I appreciate your quick response
14 years 9 months ago #69

Cornelius Fichtner

Arslan,

Studying for the PMP Exam is a very personal matter. Everybody learns differently and everybody has different points of weakness. Therefore I can only give you general ideas and you yourself must know if these work for you or not.

First of all I think that you are using too many different books and sources. You are using The PMBOK, The PM PrepCast and the books from Rita, Heldman and a third book to study. That is too much. Generally speaking you should use a maximum of 2-3 sources. You are using 4-5. The problem here is that you may confuse yourself. I believe that the PMBOK, PrepCast and the books from Rita/Heldman more than are sufficient.

There is no "best way" to study the PrepCast & PMBOK. But what many students have told me is that they first listen to the PrepCast and then read the chapter in the PMBOK.

You say that you are spending 3-4 hours of study. Is that per day? That is definitely sufficient.

I think that you did a good thing to have a vision & mission for your PMP exam. That is a very good approach. Not many people do that.

Lastly let me ask you this: Are you taking any sample tests? Remember that you will have to answer 200 questions in 4 hours. That is what you have to practice, practice, practice. So I recommend that you listen to the PrepCast, read the PMBOK study books but most importantly that you take sample exams.

There are hundreds of free questions available on the internet (some good, some bad, some extremely bad). Answer as many as you can of these. But I also recommend that you sign up for an online Exam Simulator so that you can take "real" sample tests. I always recommend www.pmprepcast.com/readysetpass.html

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login