fbpx

Reply: Question regarding the Project Time & Cost Management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question regarding the Project Time & Cost Management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #12953

Regina Holzinger

's Avatar

Just because "Activity Cost Estimate" shows up twice does not mean it is the same estimate, e.g. the first estimate used as input to the project schedule might get re-evaluted in the "Estimate cost process" and result in a revised Activity Cost Estimate.
6 years 2 months ago #12891

Kelly Lu

While I was reading the PMBOK guide (5th), two contradictory ITTO diagrams between "6.4 Estimate Activity Resources" process and the "7.2 Estimate Costs" grabbed my attention, and it doesn't seem to be logical to me.

In 6.4, Activity cost estimates is an input to the "Estimate Activity Resources", which will be used for developing "Project schedule"; while in 7.2, Project schedule is an input for "Estimate costs" and the output is "activity cost estimates". How come these two things serve both as input and outputs to each other? I have a hard time understanding the logic here. Please advise.

Thank you so very much!
Inline image 1 Inline image 2

Kindest regards,

Kelly
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login