fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: 1st Attempt : Passed my PMP exam exam with "Above Target" in all domains

1st Attempt : Passed my PMP exam exam with "Above Target" in all domains 6 years 3 months ago #12700

• Murli Shripadh
  • Murli Shripadh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
2 days back i cleared my PMP exam with "Above Target" in all 5 Domain

My journey.....
Started preparing 9 weeks back. My strategy was to read through Rita cover to cover (including the chapter end exam test with review) followed by PMBOK.
I set a target to read 60 pages a day and followed it religiously. I completed reading both the books in little over 3 weeks. It was time to check my preparation level and attempted PMstudy circle full length mock exam over the weekend and scored 75% with result as "Passed". This gave me confidence that i am on the correct path. Booked the exam date with 5 weeks heads up to ensure sufficient preparation. Following week, went through selected topics from Rita and PMBOK and was getting ready for my 2nd mock over the weekend. Gave 2nd mock from Simplilearn and scored only 69% (the questions level was different than Rita end chapter and PMstudy circle questions). This was the time I decided to go for PM exam simulator and concentrate to ensure consistent 80% above marks in my 1st attempt. Studied for a week on few of my weak areas.
3 weeks before the exam date I started giving PM exam simulator test
My PM exam simulator scores (considered only 1st attempt as I think 2nd attempt marks does not count towards your readiness)
PM exam simulator 1 : 78%
PM exam simulator 2 : 80%
PM exam simulator 3 : 83%
PM exam simulator 4 : 83%
PM exam simulator 5 : 80% ( 3 days before exam , did lot of silly mistake as attempted the exam late at night)
Other test
Oliver's 175 : 79% ( 2 days before the exam)

My 2 cents on preparation strategy
1. Follow only 2 books ( one of them should be PMBOK) and try to re-read the same as many times as possible instead of hopping around various sources
2. Practice Rita process game ( online version) many times till you understand and remember the sequence ( This is a secret to get most of the questions correct)
3. Go for PM exam simulator. Hands down it is the best thing out there. Try to score 80% and above before you attempt any other mock
4. Understand well all tool & techniques ( no need to memorize) and what they do.
5. Understand difference between Crashing VS fast tracking, Audit Vs inspection, Quality assurance Vs quality control, Validate scope vs control scope, Change log Vs issue log etc

On the day of exam
The exam were a little tricky and lengthy but I was very confident answering them all. Completed the exam in 3 hours without any brake and went through 30 questions that i marked. Changed 4-5 questions. Started getting impatience and hit the finish with 15 minutes left. Completed the survey in 2 mins and hit the end again. Few minutes of wait and Wola!!!! "Congratulations" appeared in my screen. Again waited for few seconds and the got the performance report as ["Above target" in all 5 Domains. Boy! What a relief it was and sense of accomplishment

I would like to thank my lovely wife who supported me throughout the journey and pushed me to go for no less than the best (Managing a 3 year kid alone by herself when I was busy preparing after a full day at office without a complaint is truly commendable) . Special thanks to PM exam simulator for providing me the focus and much needed confidence for the exam. You guys are doing a awesome job!!!

For all those who are preparing, enjoy the journey. Set small targets and have small victories which will keep you motivated. Give your best and keep focus. I am sure you guys will do great. All the best!!!
For me now , one milestone is achieved and its time now to focus on setting the new milestone!!!!!!
Happy Christmas and have a wonderful 2018
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login