fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Approved Change Requests and Validated Changes

Approved Change Requests and Validated Changes 6 years 3 months ago #12600

• Anil Gidwani
  • Anil Gidwani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Approved Change Requests are sent to Control Quality, Control Procurements, and Direct and Manage Project Work. However, only Control Quality validates the changes and sends the notification of validated change to Manage And Control Project Work as a confirmation (Q1: Is that why this happens?)

Q2: Why do the other processes, namely Control Procurements, and Direct and Manage Project Work, not send any confirmation of validated change to Manage And Control Project Work?

Q3: Why do Control Procurements, and Direct and Manage Project Work need to have approved change requests in the first place?

Approved Change Requests and Validated Changes 6 years 3 months ago #12702

• Anil Gidwani
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, I think I've figured out one part. Approved Change Requests are sent to DMPW, which implements the change and then sends the deliverable to Control Quality once again so that Control Quality can verify that the changes were correctly carried out and did not introduce any new defects (using the T&T Approved Change Request Review). These verified deliverables are then sent on to Validate Scope.

Meanwhile. Control Quality informs MCPW that the change request has been correctly handled by sending it the Validated Changes.

So DMPW does inform MCPW indirectly of the validated change through Control Quality. And of course, DMPW needs to have approved change requests sent to in order to implement the changes in the first place!! Duh!

Approved Change Requests and Validated Changes 6 years 3 months ago #12703

• Anil Gidwani
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
And I presume that analogous to DMPW, Control Procurements needs to have Approved Change Requests so that they can inform the seller to implement the change request. (Q3).

Q2: The seller does not communicate directly with MCPW. So Control Procurements cannot send back Validated Changes to MCPW, unlike Control Quality.

Can anyone confirm that this reasoning is correct?

Approved Change Requests and Validated Changes 6 years 2 months ago #12761

• Md Mahabubur Rahman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is a very important topic and I am not very sure about the practical implications of it. Anyway, to my understanding, it is a recurring process. First, ACRs go to CQ to validate if these are aligned with the steps in PICC. If not, it goes again to PICC as CRs with necessary correction prior to implementation by D&MPW process-it passes via M&CPW process for status reporting and documentation purpose. Only ACRs, those impact contract terms and conditions need to go through Control Procurements process for documentation and send back to PICC process as CRs for approval prior to implementation by D&MPW process.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login