fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP application audit failure

PMP application audit failure 6 years 3 months ago #12566

• rohini
  • rohini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
I received the below rejection email from PMI, after they reviewed my PMP application audit documents. For my second submission, could someone please advice if I should re-write my project descriptions altogether or if I should re-write my project objectives/goals and keep the description same? I appreciate any advice.
Email Text:
"Notification about your application audit

After thorough review of your application, it has been determined that your application does not meet the minimum eligibility requirements. At this time your application has been closed.
Eligibility Not Met: Experience is not a project
PMI defines a project as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product service or result. Every project creates a unique product, service or result such as:
A product that can be either a component or another item, an enhancement of an item, or an end item in itself
A service or a capability to perform a service (e.g., a business function that supports production or distribution)
An improvement in the existing product or service lines (e.g., A Six Sigma product undertaken to reduce defects)
A result, such as an outcome or document (e.g., research project that develops knowledge that can be used to determine whether a trend exists or a new process will benefit society)

Review Feedback:
• A clear objective of the project, and or the project goal was not provided with the project description for projects "

Thank you!

PMP application audit failure 6 years 3 months ago #12599

• Leila Nattagh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Rohini,
For the application, i used the process names in the description and also broke it down by the process groups.
project #1- IN- created project charter, PL- interviewed stakeholders to collect requirements, etc.
You don't want to strictly copy & past process names, but incorporate them into what you actually did in your project.
Remember, every project has a result or deliverable. Was the deliverable accepted by client, or given to another department to operate?
Good luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login