fbpx

Reply: I passed PMP exam in 2nd attempt on 26 Sept 2017

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed PMP exam in 2nd attempt on 26 Sept 2017

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12457

Joanne Cheung, PMP

's Avatar

Thanks John!
6 years 4 months ago #12455

John Wolverton

Joanne
Thanks for sharing! Congratulations and Best Wishes.
Jfw
6 years 4 months ago #12453

Joanne_c

's Avatar

Hi all

I have passed my PMP exam on 26 Sept. Here are some notes that would like to share with you all to help you benchmarch yourself and hints to pass the PMP.

1. Exam Analysis:
- Real Exam-
Initiating: Needs Improvement
Planning: Above Target
Executing: Below Target
M&C: Target
Closing: Target
-Mock Exam-
RMC: 70%
Prep: 68%
PMStudy: 73%
Simply learn: 68.5%
Edwel: 84%
Grey C: 81%

2. Study/ Exam Strategies:
1. Make sure you understand what the PMPism are. Most exam questions are situational and you could not just memorize all your study notes. Make sure to brainstorm and try to apply what you have learn from PMP to your real work / projects.
2. Use elimination method to sort the correct answers
3. Always review the situation yourself before taking necessary actions. Of course you need to understand what the processing group/ situation you currently step into.
4. Understand ITTO and how they applies into different process groups.
5. Try to memorize: 1) 47 Process groups, 2) the total 16 inside project management plan
6. Understand the relationship of WPD, WPI, WPR
7. Understand what is audit, inspection and how they apply into different process groups.
8. Try to draw out high level process flow on how project initiate to closing
9. Make sure you have a good emotion and sleeping quality before your exam day. I tried 9am and 1:30pm exam sessions. I like 9:30am because you have clear mind and less worries in the morning compared to afternoon session. Also, please makes you bring your snacks and water into the examination centre. I planned how to utilize my 4 hours exam period before exam day. On exam day, i took 50 mins to answer questions and 10 mins to take break for each hour.

Hope the above helps and good luck to your exam! Please feel free to share how you did on your examination too.

Cheers
Joanne

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login