fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam on first attempt - What I did/lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam on first attempt - What I did/lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12398

Benjamin Stehr

Hi all,

I passed the PMP exam yesterday on my first attempt, took me the whole 4 hours to the very last second without any washroom breaks or review.
My results were as follows:

Overall: Above target
Initiating: Above target
Planning: Above target
Executing: Above target
MO&CO: Target
Closing: Above target

I used the PM PrepCast for my first month of study to cover/grasp the material and then relied heavily on the PM Exam Simulator for my final two months of study.
I would highly recommend the exam simulator, this is where a lot of my learning happened, it was an excellent exam prep tool. I completed the nine mock exams, my marks
were generally between 70%-80% (lower at the beginning-58% and higher at the end-90%). I did not read the PMBOK, I only used it for reference.

Notes/lessons learned from the actual exam:
- A lot of questions testing the "bigger picture" and how each process relates to another and what general order they would flow in (this is very important to know).
- Almost all scenario based questions.
- Only a handful of EV questions.
- The difficulty was similar to the PM Exam Simulator's scenario based questions.

Cheers,
Ben

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login