fbpx

Reply: Resource calendars in Develop Project Team but not Manage Project Team

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Resource calendars in Develop Project Team but not Manage Project Team

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12394

Hilda Angel

The only thing i could dig up on this topic is from RMC (Rita M.) book pg. 356 where it states that team building activities (in the Develop Project Team process) includes:
- Taking classes together
- Milestone parties
- Outside of work trips
- etc.

So, from what i know, Develop Project Team focuses on the TEAM and Manage Project Team focuses on the individuals. This may be why calendars are need in DPT, because you are scheduling group functions that require coordination, where in Manage Team its more about individual performance etc.

I also saw this great analogy made by someone to keep these two processes straight. DPT is like when you are dating, its all the fun stuff while MPT is like marriage where you have to get to the nitty gritty of solving conflict. If you think of it that way, when you are dating you are constantly worried if the person is going to call, when you are going to meet, what your schedules are like. When you are married, well you are married. Lol.
6 years 4 months ago #12386

Daniel Rieger

Hello,

I am studying to take the PMP exam and I have a question: why are Resource Calendars an input for Develop Project Team but not Manage Project Team? This difference in inputs is somewhat counter-intuitive: won't I use resource calendars when "tracking team member performance, providing feedback, resolving issues, and managing team changes to optimize project performance"? It seems like I can't schedule time with team members to discuss conflicts if I'm not using Resource Calendars. Maybe I'm overthinking this one, though.

I know there aren't always clear answers to questions like this one, but I'm interested in all feedback in this regard!

Thank you,

Daniel

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login