fbpx

Reply: PMP Application - Project start & end Dates/Overlapping hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Application - Project start & end Dates/Overlapping hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12357

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Cynthia,

You may also want to check this discussion thread for project description examples. www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...-project-description

Whether or not you use the process group abbreviations is up to you. It isn't required but can be helpful to clearly categorize your role.

Good luck!

Mark
6 years 4 months ago #12355

Justin Leach

You want to make sure you're using PMI terms. You don't have a lot of room to work with so you'll want to give a brief sentence about what the project was and then discuss your role on the project. I used the PMI processes as a guide to identify which processes I did on each project. For example, "My role was to manage stakeholders, identify risks, control risks, define scope..."
6 years 4 months ago #12331

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Thanks Justin for your confirmation. What about the project description? Is it ok to write up a summary of deliverables in process groups or I have to specify them by indicating IN, PL, EX, MC & CL?
6 years 4 months ago #12320

Justin Leach

I had this situation on my application. I entered the dates as they actually were and the application figures out the number of months. In your case, I would enter option A and you'll see that your qualified months will be 12. It won't double count the overlapping month.
6 years 4 months ago #12308

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

I am almost done with my PMP Exam application but there is one thing I need clarification. Giving an example here: Project A starts Jan through Aug 2016, Project B starts Jul through Dec 2016, there is an overlap of one month which should be counted once only but what should the project start and end dates be in the application? Should it be
(a) Project A start Jan 2016 through Aug 2016, Project B starts Jul 2016 through Dec 2016 or
(b) Project A start Jan 2016 through Aug 2016, Project B starts Aug 2016 to Dec 2016?

Thank you for your help in this.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login