fbpx

Reply: Confused! What document contains the stakeholder communication requirements?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Confused! What document contains the stakeholder communication requirements?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12267

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Debbie,

You're on the right track. The stakeholders' communication requirements can be found in a number of places, starting with the project charter (at a high level), the stakeholder register, the stakeholder management plan, etc. For the exam, focus on who communicates with stakeholders, the PM's relationship with key stakeholders, and how stakeholders influence the project (active vs disinterested, etc). The exam won't attempt to trick you by providing you the same answer in different forms.

- Steven
6 years 5 months ago #12260

Debbie Dananberg

Hi,
Does anyone know? I am using PMBOK 5th Edition and my exam is fast approaching. But i see evidence in the PMBOK that three documents could potentially house the stakeholder communication requirements. Appreciate any info on this! Thank you!
From PMBOK:
1) Stakeholder Register (?) - PMBOK 5th Edition / 10.1.2 Plan Communication Management / 10.1.2 / page 292 /
• PMBOK: An input to the Plan Communication Management process is “Stakeholder information and communication requirements from the Stakeholder Register”
2) Stakeholder Management Plan (?) – PMBOK 5th Edition / 13.2.3.1 Stakeholder Management Plan / page 403
• PMBOK: The Stakeholder Management Plan often provides “Stakeholder Communication requirements for the current phase”
3) Communication Management Plan (?) – PMBOK 5th Edition / 10.3.1 Communications Management Plan / page 296
• PMBOK: The Communications Management Plan contains the following information..”stakeholder communication requirements”

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login