fbpx

Reply: PMP Application - Same project, different companies

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Application - Same project, different companies

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12261

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

There is nothing prohibiting you from doing so, nor would I categorize it as "the wrong thing to do."

Of course, you want to show as much breadth and depth of experience as possible in your application (according to me ;) that will make it easier for PMI to see your qualifications).

In any case, many projects bear great similarity to one another from a PM perspective (home building being one example that springs to mind). Even within software development, where I have spent over 3 decades, one application development project is much like another in terms of laying out the project. In my experience most differences and challenges arise in the pesky details where PMs spend so much of their time communicating and resolving issues.

And, if a project manager does well on a project, there is great likelihood he'll be asked repeatedly to do the same thing or something similar many times over.

Best of luck!

Tracy
6 years 5 months ago #12259

John

's Avatar

I'm looking for advice on filling out my experience section of the PMP application. Specifically, I managed two nearly identical projects (in scope and execution) at different times for different companies (the second company wanted me to replicate what I did at the previous employer). Would it be an issue to include both nearly identical project descriptions in my experience?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login