fbpx

Reply: Procurement/ contract type/ proc SOW matrix

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Procurement/ contract type/ proc SOW matrix

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12269

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Walter,

I think you may be confusing the contract types (FPIF, CPIF, etc) with some of the procurement documents (IFB, RFP, etc). Invitations for Bid, Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal, etc are used for the buyer to determine who in the market (the seller) can provide the product, service, etc. They do not equal a contract; they clear the way for the seller to bid on the buyer's project based on the established criteria. You may even see a bidder conference in some cases where numerous vendors will gather to try and secure the contract. Once the buyer picks a seller, the contract details are then worked out.

- Steven
6 years 5 months ago #12214

Walter Hoffmann

I'm looking at Rita's book chapter 12 procurement management. Page 486 shows that there are specific contract types for procurement documents.
For example
request for proposal should be cost-reimbursable ccontract and include a performance or functional statement of work.

An invitation for bid should be a fixed-price contract what the design statement of work.
Can anyone elaborate on this I'm confused at to why a EGO, IFB, or RFQ have specific contact types.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login