fbpx

Reply: For those looking to compare thier simulator test scores to the actual PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : For those looking to compare thier simulator test scores to the actual PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #12024

Radford Hyde

Congratulations. Thanks for the update! That is definitely good info for those that have not taken the exam yet. I know I was searching around for some reassurance abut my mock exam scores versus my chances of passing when I get in the exam. Very helpful!
6 years 6 months ago #12019

Eric Soden

Passed my exam yesterday. It was my second attempt at it. All I can say is, keep at it. If you're scoring in the mid-70% range on full practice exams on the PMP Exam Simulator, you should be fine in my opinion. I took 4 full exams, scored 77.5%, 73.5%, 75.5%, and 73.5%. I passed the PMP exam with 2 Above Target (Initiating, Executing), 2 Target (MC, Closing), and 1 Below Target (Planning). Like many of you I studied hard and stressed over the results of my simulator test scores. I would read the forum looking for assurance that my scores were sufficient. Several comments I read said that you need to have 80% on practice exams in order to pass. I agree that 80% is a target to shoot for, but the practice exam questions are challenging and the percentage needed to pass on the simulator are high IMO.
I will say that I don't think I would have passed this exam without the PMP Exam Simulator. The timed practice exams really helped me with time management. I recommend reading Rita Mulcahy and PMP Head Start. Take as many good quality practice exams as possible. I cant stress it enough. I failed the first time I went for the PMP exam because I wasn't prepared. I struggled with several questions and felt rushed near the end. The simulator really trains your mind to handle to time pressures of the exam.

Good luck everyone!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login