fbpx

Reply: bootcamp recomendations

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : bootcamp recomendations

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #12050

Kevin Nason

I took what was billed as an in house boot camp with a former employer for 5 Business days and lets just say that NONE of the other 14 participants pasted the exam on their first attempt. It was my first formal training around project management and I decided to use that class as my initial introduction. I about 12 months later I purchased the PrepCast and Exam Simulator and passed on the first attempt.

I don't know of anyone that has taken a boot camp and passed within the same week that some of them promise.

Good Luck!
6 years 6 months ago #12043

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Just to throw my 2 cents worth in, I agree with Steven and Mark.

I deliberated for a good long while about doing a boot camp, but the cost and the time off from work were both steep prices to pay, in my reckoning. I also had serious doubts about a bootcamp's ability to prepare me for the PMP exam. After studying (including the PM PrepCast, which is a great tool) and taking the exam, I'm convinced I was right - at least for myself (though I suspect it's true of many others as well).

I would recommend you spend a bit of time looking at the lessons learned forum. Many people have posted their approach to studying. You should be able to glean the best approach for yourself (or, at least, a good start).

Best of luck to you!

Tracy
6 years 6 months ago #12041

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Kenneth,

Like Mark said, a bootcamp packs a ton of information into a short time for a high cost. The PMP exam is quite comprehensive and should be studied over a long period of time (2 - 3 months at a minimum). Come up with a strong study plan and execute accordingly. You will save yourself a lot of time and money doing it the slow way, rather than gambling on a bootcamp.

If you need a sample study plan, I've attached a link to mine: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich .

- Steven
6 years 6 months ago #11964

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Kenneth,

I don't have any bootcamp recommendations but if you haven't used PM PrepCast then I would highly recommend it. I never did a boot camp myself since it just isn't my learning style. Too much information in too short a time frame. Just too much money to pay for a week long course in which most of the information will be gone from my head by the following week. You might try perusing the lessons learned forum on this site for possible recommendations. Good luck.

Mark
6 years 6 months ago #11948

Kenneth Kussman

Any bootcamp recomendations?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login