fbpx

Reply: My PMP application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My PMP application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #12038

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Oliver,

As long as you clearly meet the requirements outlined by the PMI to sit for the PMP exam, you should be fine. I didn't add up all of your hours but you should be close to the 4500 required hours of project manager experience. I highly recommend you inform your past employers of your decision to sit for the exam; if you are audited, they will want to know why PMI is contacting them for information about you.

Start looking at developing a study plan. Here's a sample one I created to help out PMP candidates: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich . Good luck!

- Steven
6 years 6 months ago #11939

Oliver

's Avatar

Hello,
i've watched most of the PMPrepCast videos and read some PrepBooks (German and English). I feel 'almost' ready for the PMP exam. I would now like to take the next step and complete the PMP application. I have read some tips to fill out the application on this forum and elsewhere on the internet and I've written down my experiences accordingly. It would be great, if I could get a feedback from you guys :-)

Project Applications PMI:

IT outsourcing of a German food producer

Time spent:
*Initiating the Project
*Planning the Project
*Executing the Project
*Controlling and Monitoring the Project
*Closing the Project

Role: Project Manager

INIT: Define scope based on the SoW as part of the contract; Identify key stakeholders; Identify high level risks, assumptions and constraints
PLAN: Develop project management plan inc. all subsidiary plans; Kick off Meeting with all stakeholders
EXEC: Manage resource allocation; execution of work packages; quality assurance; change control
M&C: measure project performance;project communication
CLOSE: Measure customer satisfaction; Hand off completed project deliverables to the customer

Data center redesign

Time spent:
*Initiating the Project
*Planning the Project
*Executing the Project
*Closing the Project

INIT: Develop Project Charter; define scope; identify key stakeholders; identify high level risks, assumptions and constraints
PLAN: Develop project management plan inc. all subsidiary plans; Kick off Meeting with all stakeholders;
EXEC: Manage selection of sellers and resource allocation; execution of work packages; quality assurance;risk management;
M&C: Measure project performance;project communication; perform procurement inspections
CLOSE: Close project phase and hand off completed project deliverables

Implementation of a "Information Security Management System"

Time spent:
*Initiating the Project
*Planning the Project
*Executing the Project
*Closing the Project

Role: Project Leader

INIT: Develop Project Charter; define high-level scope; identify key stakeholders; identify high level risks, assumptions and constraints
PLAN: Develop project management plan inc. all subsidiary plans; conduct Kick off Meeting with all stakeholders;
EXEC: Manage resource allocation; execution of work packages; quality assurance; improve team performance
M&C: Monitor project performance; project communication
CLOSE: Close project phase; hand off project deliverables

Reorganization of the IT department

Time spent:
*Initiating the Project
*Planning the Project
*Executing the Project
*Closing the Project

INIT: Develop Project Charter with sponsor; define high-level scope; identify key stakeholders; identify high level risks, assumptions and constraints
PLAN: Develop WBS and project schedule; procurement management, quality management; conduct Kick off Meeting with all stakeholders;
EXEC: Manage execution of work packages; quality assurance;
M&C: Monitor project performance; project communication
CLOSE: Obtain final acceptance of the project deliverables; transfer the ownership of deliverables

Thanks for your support :-)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login