fbpx

Reply: L08.03 - M&C: control quality: What is the difference between [validated changes] and [verified deliverables]?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : L08.03 - M&C: control quality: What is the difference between [validated changes] and [verified deliverables]?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11681

Aung Sint

Dear Daniel,

Validated changes = changes that they are carried out accordingly to the approved changes (output of PICC)
Verified deliverables = deliverables that are met control standards - i.e., no more defect. Once they pass the Validated Scope process, they become Accepted Deliverables.

Example: a product must have feature/characteristic "A". Once the product (deliverable) is passed through Control Quality process, it's checked against the quality standard (i.e. whether it has the required feature/characteristic "A").

If it does not, then change is recommended to have the required feature/characteristic "A" (change request). The change request needs to go through PICC for approval. Once approved, the team will carry out the approved change. Once the approved change is done, the deliverable is to go through Control Quality process again whether the approved change has been carried out. It could be the case that the approved change does not really fix the issue (defect), in that case, we need rework. If the approved change fixes the issue, then the validated change will be passed to M&C Project Work process.

If it does, then the deliverable becomes verified deliverable, and is sent to Validate Scope process.

Not sure if you can follow my example. :(
6 years 7 months ago #11668

Daniel Blossey

In "L08.03 - M&C: control quality" I have the following question to the output:

What is the difference between [validated changes] (1.) and [verified deliverables] (2.)?

My answer:

1. deliverable is accepted or rejected (in general)
2. deliverable is correct according to requirements (more specific)

Es correcto?
Do you have an example for my question that makes the difference more clear?

Muchas gracias!

Daniel de Munich, Alemania

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login