fbpx

Reply: My application got audited and wondering if im on the right track

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My application got audited and wondering if im on the right track

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11645

Gail Freedman

Hi Mahmoud,

I'm sorry to hear that you were audited. That must be frustrating. To be clear, I've not been audited and I can't speak to the content nor what PMI may think of it.
In terms of thinking of process however, there are a few things you may want to consider.

1. On page 61 (table 3-1) of the PMBOK 5th addition breaks down the process groups and knowledge areas. Clarifying what you did on your project in terms of those process groups and quantifying the hours spent will help tremendously.

2. Hours calculation: I used a separate spreadsheet to help me get clear on the hours for my major projects, what categories these fell into and which project is which. While reality maybe that weekly hours went over 40 I would not document it that way, especially with multiple projects! It may be seen as hour inflation even though you worked all those hours. You want it to be as clear as possible to the reader.

3. Review your draft with the manager that had you doing that work and consider and incorporate their feedback. Having another set of eyes is invaluable, and that person is the one who will back you up. They gave you the assignment(s).

4. Ask another person to read over your application to see if it makes sense to them as someone who knows nothing about what you were working on. I know in project management it is not uncommon to be on several projects and simultaneously but it can also cause confusion especially with the hours. You do not ever want to appear to be inflating any hours. Having that spreadsheet to clarify everything is really helpful!

Good luck!

- Gail
6 years 7 months ago #11635

Mahmoud

's Avatar

Hello Everyone ,

My PMP application got audited and they closed it to give me the chance to update and re apply again .

Basically what they sent me as a reason for rejecting my application is :

"It is required that candidates show that they led and directed the project as identified with the tasks, knowledge, and skills specific in the PMP Exam Content Outline. The PMP candidate is not required to show experience leading and directing projects in all five project domains for each project, but must have this experience within the total number of experience hours and in their project deliverable descriptions."

So , I have update my application again and wanted to share it with you before I submit it again not to go through this again and get another rejection :(

here is my projects details , please let me know if im following their criteria's this time :

Project Tittle : Aramex -HCM Solution implementation:

Project Description :
Aramex is a logistics company was seeking for HR solution to cover their vary local HR &payroll
requirements of their middle east branches.We have customized our products for each branch to achieve
that.As Professional Services Manager I took care of, including,but not limited to:
Develop &obtain approval for the project charter &work breakdown structure
Ensure that tasks are executed as defined in the project plan
Manage changes to the project scope, schedule & costs
Confirm work is done to requirements,archive project documents &lessons learned

Project Tittle : Aldara–ERP Implementation:

Project Description :Aldara hospital asked our help to implement ERP for health care (Infor –Lawson S3) to automate their
Finance, Supply chain & HR processes.
As project manager ,managing a team of 6 product consultants , I took care of, including, but not limited
to:
Develop &obtain approval for the project charter and Stakeholders Register
Create Project Scope statement &WBS
Develop &review regularly project documents includes Project Schedule, Cost ,
HR ,communications,risks management plans&others
Review and assure that final product matching client expectations

Project Title :CTA ERP Implementation
Project Description :CTA have selected Infor-M3 ERP solution to simulate all of Its current processes and apply the
automotive market best practices.As a Senior Project Manager,my main duties including, but not limited
to:
Asses project feasibility within the given constraints
Gain formal approval of the Charter ,plans &hold kick off meeting
Determine all roles&responsibilities,plan communication &stakeholders engagement
Acquire project team&hold regular meetings
Update stakeholders with the project progress /changes
Hand off completed product & gain project signoff.

Appreciate your advice the soonest

Many thanks :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login