fbpx

Reply: How Quickly Do PMP Exam Slots Fill Up?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How Quickly Do PMP Exam Slots Fill Up?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11644

Gail Freedman

Hi Ash!

The closer you come to the deadline, the quicker those weekend slots fill-up at the very end because of the change. The next most popular dates are Fridays. But there are still other dates available and it's likely you will be able to find something.

You may want to consider a strategy of setting up for a particular date via Prometric that works for you and is before the change. Then create your own "check-in" date to see how your progress is coming using the simulator exams and quizzes and your scores. If you find that you are scoring very well by your own "check in" date, you can see via the Prometric website if you can take the test earlier. If it does not go that way, as Tracy mentioned, Prometric will give you a warning X days before the exam that you can still change the date without penalty. That may provide another opportunity to check in with yourself on your readiness.

What I chose to do was to take a day off work and take it on a Monday. Why? I was really well rested after my weekend and it was way less stressful for me to do that. It worked for me.

Study hard. Best of luck!

- Gail
6 years 7 months ago #11642

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Ashraf,

I had no issue getting a slot to take the test when I wanted. I took it on a weekend however to deconflict with my work schedule. I think you will be just fine in setting up the right time for your exam.

- Steven
6 years 7 months ago #11589

Ash N

Hi Tracy,

Thank you very much for the informative response! You have effectively addressed my concern regarding booking the exam.

Also, kudos to the forum moderators for their prompt approval of this thread and your reply!

Cheers,
Ash
6 years 7 months ago #11588

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Ash,

I had a similar question when I was preparing. Over the course of time, I just checked the Prometric site near me in the Washington, DC area and looked at how many slots were available and how quickly they were filling up. My observation for my area was that the prime slots went quickly, but others during weekdays were abundant enough that I was pretty certain I could get one compatible with my timing. I ended up booking mine about 2 weeks in advance and it worked out fine. I was also helped by the fact that it was not a problem for me to take the day off for the test.

Of course, if you're pushing up against the PMBOK Version 6 deadline, I don't know what you'll find. If a large number of people are rushing to get in while version 5 is still in effect, it could be more difficult. Bear in mind that you can schedule a date but then change it, as long as you change far enough in advance. I don't recall off hand how far in advance you need to be in order to not incur a $$ penalty, but you can look that up on the PMI site.

Good luck!

Tracy
6 years 7 months ago #11587

Ash N

As you all know, the PMP exam is changing in the beginning of 2018. I'm concerned about not finding an examination spot available before January 2018 once I submit my PMP application. Since I am currently watching the PrepCast, I'm a bit stressed about not finishing it early enough to find a spot to take the exam before January 2018.

In general, do you have to book the PMP exam 3 months in advance? How quickly do the spots fill up, e.g. in Toronto Canada?

Thanks,
Ash

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login