fbpx

Reply: ITTO's: Mnemonics and Mind Palace Creation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : ITTO's: Mnemonics and Mind Palace Creation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11646

Gail Freedman

Hi Nick!

Sorry no cool mnemonics :( For the mind palace, I guess it depends on how you are doing with understanding the ITTOs. When you quiz yourself, are you understanding it well?
What worked for me was not memorizing, but working my understanding from the bottom up: I used the PMBOK Glossary definition of the terms being used. This will make learning the "why" easier. From there, the PMBOK ITTO tables and flow diagrams were really helpful. Once that was comfortable, I was able to work my way up to that table 3-1 of all the process groups and knowledge areas.

Good luck!

- Gail
6 years 7 months ago #11643

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Aung is correct. The data flow diagrams are highly useful for learning the "why" behind the ITTOs instead of just rote memorization.

- Steven
6 years 7 months ago #11558

John Wolverton

Nick,
For me it really was not worth the time, Learn Table 3-1 and understand the flow of the ITTOs. Unless you want to be "really" proficient is all areas. Keep in mind I know of no one that questions "how" certified you are. :). You are a PMP or you are not.
jfw
6 years 7 months ago #11554

Aung Sint

Dear Nick,

To be honest, I didn't memorize all ITTOs, instead, I tried to understand the flow of inputs & outputs from different processes, by studying the Data Flow Diagrams of each process, and created my own "master ITTO data flow diagram" based on table 3-1 of PMBOK Guide. That allowed me to see the overall data flow view of all 47 processes.

If you got extra time to spare, why not? Share with us your "cool" mnemonics. :)
6 years 7 months ago #11550

Nick Schmidt

Has anyone used mnemonics to understand ITTOs? I'm not trying to memorize ALL of the ITTOs and am focusing on the "why" and "how" of the different processes. However, there are several processes that have 8-10 inputs and an equal number of tools and techniques.

I've listening to Cornelius's presentation on mind palace / LOCI method of studying. He mentioned that it can take quite some time to develop this, depending on how much I want to learn. Should I be doing mind palace creation as I go along in my studies?

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login