fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: What is your cheat sheet?

What is your cheat sheet? 6 years 7 months ago #11500

• ROGER ARGUETA
  • ROGER ARGUETA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Could you share your cheet sheet, is it time effective to write before exam start?

What is your cheat sheet? 6 years 7 months ago #11503

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Roger
I too struggled with what it s the best cheat sheet. I reviewed many and found none that fit my needs. They're everywhere on-line. I finally developed my own and wrote it out before each daily study session. By the time of the exam my cheat sheet was completely different than what I started with day one. Basically it was Table 3-1 and a few formulas. I took ten minutes at the start of the test to write it down and didn't look at it the entire test. Still had 30 mins to review my questions at the end of the test. It's more about what you want to remember than having a cheat sheet.
Best Wishes,
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

What is your cheat sheet? 6 years 7 months ago #11518

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
I agree with John, and my experience was similar to his, however I did reference mine a couple of times during the test, just to be sure I was remembering a process correctly.

I think the time spent writing it was worthwhile for me, if only because it calmed me to write down my-by-then very well memorized sheet. It was only table 3.1 and fewer than 6 formulas. I had plenty of time at the end of the test (almost 30 minutes) even having taken the time to write my cheat sheet.

Don't obsess about what's on the sheet -- the purpose is to capture the things you think you might need help with on the exam. Doing practice tests as part of your studying will naturally lead you to discover what specific items you'll need to include.

Best of luck!

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP, John Wolverton, Aung Sint

What is your cheat sheet? 6 years 7 months ago #11576

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Roger,

I had plenty of time during the intro part of the exam to write out my cheat sheet. I included all of the mathematical formulas I could remember, specifically for earned value, contracts, PERT, etc. I also tried to write out ITTOs for difficult subject areas such as Integration. I highly recommend that you write out a practice cheat sheet multiple times before you take the exam so you can 1) have it correct on exam day and 2) remember the content better. Best of luck!

- Steven

What is your cheat sheet? 6 years 7 months ago #11632

• Gail Freedman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Roger,

My "cheat sheet" was home grown, used only for studying, and was focused on formula variants I was having challenges with. I could replicate table 3-1 from memory. Thie cheat sheet and replication was really prep focused.

On the day of the actual exam last January, the testing center provided deep blue scratch paper that made a pencil written "brain dump" completely impossible. If I had planned on relying on a "brain dump" I would have been very upset! Fortunately I had it down and really did not need it by the time the test came around.

- Gail
Gail Freedman, MBA, PMP, CSM
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login