fbpx

Reply: First PrepCast Mock Exam Results for feedback

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : First PrepCast Mock Exam Results for feedback

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11626

Gail Freedman

Hello Akim,

Using the PrepCast quiz function for planning and executing questions can provide more opportunities to see questions and answers that can help you gain confidence in these areas. You've got this!

- Gail
6 years 7 months ago #11448

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Akim,

Like Tracy stated, that is a great start. Planning especially is a difficult topic and the only area I did not score as Proficient on the exam. I recommend you closely study all of your missed questions, look up the base information in the PMBOK Guide and your other study materials, and deep dive the solutions. You'll be above 80% in no time and on your way to becoming a PMP. Good luck!

- Steven
6 years 7 months ago #11416

Alex

's Avatar

Akim,

I agree with Tracy. What especially helps me is going over those questions that I guessed and still got right. I don't want to become overconfident. So I'm double checking myself to make sure I really knew the answer rather than made the right bet on the correct answer with a 25% chance of success. If I see that the reason I selected the answer correctly is consistent with the explanation, I'm happy. Otherwise, I study the topic more, take the next exam, and do the cycle again.
6 years 7 months ago #11415

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Akim,

This is a great start! In fact, better than my own first test exam when I was studying.

What I did was, after each practice exam, was to go thru each question I got wrong and understand WHY I got it wrong. I also went thru questions where I was primarily guessing at the answer (I kept track of the question numbers as I took the exam - I just jotted the question number on a piece of paper).

I also categorized the questions where I got the answer wrong, just to see if there was any trend regarding the mistakes was making. This helped me tremendously, because I found that many of my mistakes were related to my taking the test "too fast" and not reading questions carefully. I forced myself to slow down and think and that was a big help for me.

Congrats on getting off to such a good beginning.

Best of luck!

Tracy
6 years 7 months ago #11414

Akim Galloway, PMP

Greetings everyone

Today I completed my first prepcast mock exam (Exam 1). My score was 78.5%. My results per domain were as follows. Please provide feedback on how I can improve. Thanks

Initiation - Moderately Proficient
Planning - Below Proficient
Executing - Proficient
Monitoring & Control - Moderately Proficient
Closing - Below proficient

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login