fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Contract Managemnt System

Contract Managemnt System 6 years 8 months ago #11136

• Puneet
  • Puneet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
First few lines of procurement management chapter talks about contract management system ..
However no mention of this term in later chapter.

I have seen few questions about this term.

What is contract management system .... Pls advise

Contract Managemnt System 6 years 8 months ago #11140

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Hi Puneet,

Taking a quick look thru the 5th edition of the PMBOK I don't find the term "contract management system" anywhere. The first lines of Chapter 12 on Project Procurement Management speak of contract management and change control processes related to procurement management. This refers to the processes used by the organization to manage their contracts/purchase orders. It could be an electronic system, entirely manual, or some combination of both. The point is that there are defined ways (processes) to handle the contracts and keep track of them.

The PMBOK glossary provides this helpful definition: Contract Change Control System - The system used to collect, track, adjudicate, and communicate changes to a contract.

I hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login