fbpx

Reply: Sequence of Steps for PMP Process"

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Sequence of Steps for PMP Process"

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 8 months ago #11130

Kevin Nason

Joydip

If you go back to your original post, it appears that you are taking some type of sample tests, is that correct? So if you go back and look at the question, and the 4 answers offered, you should through the process of elimination find the correct answer. You would need to look at each answer and see where it fits in the process chart to determine what the best next step it. What other tools are you using to prep for the exam besides the PMBOK? Are you using he "Rita" Book [PMP Exam Prep Book by Rita Mulcahy's] She has a chart in that book that takes the processes and breaks them into easy terms and tasks so to speak. I used this book to help me break the PMBOK down into something that was much more understandable and relate able. If you do a google search for the "Rita Process Chart' or even search on Youtube, you will find some good helpful resources. Does this help?

Kevin
6 years 8 months ago #11118

Anonymous

's Avatar

Dear Kevin,
At the outset thank you very much for your quick reply. I am extremely grateful to you for the same. In the mean time from your reply i have made following observation
1. As per as PMBOK Process Chart is Concerned, it is a broad generic chart as defined in Page 173 of PMBOK Guide. It does not goes into the ACTION STEPS of each Process area.
2. Moreover, as per as understanding of the concept is concerned, Understanding of each and every individual could be different from each other. For instance, if i take the first case cited by me in the above few lines, we at our work place never take approval of the team member in preliminary schedule. We consider it unnecessary workload. I am currently working in a multi billion dollar World Bank Project and we donot have any such system of taking approval from team member in preliminary schedule. Hence on the basis of my experience in WB if i write PMP exam, i shall be declared fail since my reply to the question will be different from the above answer. So how understanding ITTO and KA is helping me to know the PMI Action steps for PMP Process which is very much critical for me to pass the exam.
Looking forward

Joydip
6 years 8 months ago #11115

Kevin Nason

JoyDip Dey

Here is where the PMBOK Process Chart comes into play, and yes it does involve understanding the ITTO's. This is what I used to help me answer the type of question you asked preparing for the exam and also during the actual exam. Understand the Knowledge areas, and the process group and the ITTO's should fall into place to help you answer the questions.

Good Luck

Kevin
6 years 8 months ago #11114

JOYDIP DEY

's Avatar

Dear Sir,
Can anybody suggest me where i can find the "Sequence of Steps for PMP Process"? or "Step by Step Actions involved in each of the PMP Process"? Here please note that, i am NOT talking about ITTO. I felt the need of above input when i came across with few questions such as " The WBS, estimates for each work package, and the network diagram are completed. The next thing for the PM to do is.......four options given. The correct answer is “Create a preliminary schedule and get the teams approval. Another similar question says “ A PM has received activity duration estimate from his team. Which of the following does he need in order to complete the Develop Schedule Process? The Answer is “Reserves”. Now in order to answer such question i need to know the Sequence of Steps for "Develop Schedule Process". The above case is only an example. Can anybody help me on the above.....Joydip

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login